Yakitori is Japanese skewered chicken. Every part of chicken is used for yakitori.
Thigh, nankotsu (cartilage), hatsu (heart), liver, sunagimo (gizzard), kawa (skin), shiro (small intestines), and so on.
There are two ways to flavor yakitori; sauce and salt.
Yakitori sauce is a dipping sauce made with mirin, sake, soy sauce and sugar.
If you want to make yakitori at your home, the recipe is here!!
1. Mix 1/2 cup of soy sauce, mirin and sake, 20 g of sugar together.
2. Cut chicken meat into bite-sized pieces and skewer.
3. Dip the skewers into the sauce for 15 minutes.
4. Grill the skewered chicken on a barbecue grill.
5. Cook the sauce in a pan till it gets thicker and serve with the grilled chicken.
I love Yakitori chicken !!! 😉
This is JAPAN Style!
You should follow me on Twitter HERE.