THE RITZ-CARLTON, TOKYO TO DEBUT TWO NEW RESTAURANTS IN SEPTEMBER:
AZURE 45 AND TOWERS GRILL
TOKYO, August 18, 2010 – Like the changing of the seasons, The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo will also welcome a change in its dining options with the debut of two new restaurants – Azure 45 and Towers Grill. Replacing the all-day dining outlet Forty Five, Azure 45 and Towers Grill will combine to offer two, distinct dining options in a space that will offer spectacular views of the city, specialty menus, a designated Chef’s Tower Table and a private dining room. Both restaurants will be open for regular operating hours starting September 4, 2010.
“We are especially excited with the upcoming debut of Azure 45 and Towers Grill,” said Radu Cernia, the hotel’s new Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage. “The hotel is constantly seeking to improve the overall guest experience, and with the addition of these two new dining options, not only will we be providing our guests with additional choices, but we are creating two concepts that will focus on the qualities that are the hallmark of any Ritz-Carlton dining experience: exceptional service, premium meats, fish, and seasonal bounty, and an amazing setting.”
Offering an elegant and refined setting, Azure 45 will feature upscale, creative and seasonal French seafood with a focus on the freshest market fish, vegetables and fruit. Given its location, the restaurant’s name “Azure” is French for the color blue, and perfectly reflects what guests will see while dining up on the 45th floor, with a bird’s eye of the skyline. Under the culinary direction of Executive Chef Kiyonari Araki, who brings to the table nearly a decade of hands-on cooking experience with a number of Michelin-one, two and three-star restaurants throughout France, as well as for the Japanese Ambassador in Paris, the fare will feature signature dishes including Toki Salmon, Lobster Consommé, and Grilled Foie Gras Ravioli. Guests can also expect to find the finest local ingredients including the following:
- The Restaurant’s fish supply will include items from Tsukiji, as well as the Kanazawa fish market which will provide fish not readily available to most consumers and other Tokyo restaurants. Items such as Wild Sea Bream, Nodoguro, Yellowtail fish, crab and select crustaceans are available in a higher grade from the Kanazawa fish market. The restaurant will also offer Toki Salmon from Rausu, Hokkaido, a very rare and high quality salmon that can be found approximately three times for every 10,000 salmon harvested.
- Guests of Azure 45 will enjoy specialty cheeses from SANAE HISADA, the only Japanese cheese purveyor that is a member of the Guild des Fromagers in France. Her offerings will be specially made and only sold at Azure 45.
The perfect complement to Azure 45, Towers Grill, a classic American grill, will feature a relaxed setting that will serve the highest quality of meats from the grill, and market-fresh seafood. Here, the quality of the product shines through with simple and clean flavors. The restaurant takes its name from the view – stunning vistas of the cityscape and one of the few places where you can see both Tokyo Tower and the Sky Tree Tower (currently under construction). Executive Chef Susumu Fukui will oversee the Grill, and lend his vast array of culinary skills to the menu.
- The Towers Grill menu will include the finest meats and seafood available including:
– Botan Shrimp
– Tantaku Beef, Grade A4, Towada Wagyu Beef and Noto-beef from Yoshino
– Miyagi Sanriku Abalone
– Tokachi Ezo Pork Loin, which can only be found in two other restaurants in Tokyo besides Towers Grill
- Personalize your dining experience with your own Laguiole knife, manufactured in the Aveyron region of southern France. Members of the “Knife for Life” Club will personally select their desired style of knife which will then be engraved, maintained and stored for the guest’s future visits.
- Available by reservation only for groups up to 10, an evening at the Chef’s Tower Table includes a specially prepared set menu that highlights the best that the market has to offer for that day, all served personally by the Chefs who will also offer suggestions on wine, and other special requests. And, when not occupied by small groups, this special corner will be the perfect setting for a romantic proposal and or celebratory dinners.
Both restaurants will also feature a team of qualified waiting staff, a highly experienced sommelier team, as well as a private dining room that can seat up to 17 guests, and will offer complete privacy for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Azure 45 will be open seven days a week for lunch (11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.), and dinner (from 5:30 to 9 p.m.); and Towers Grill will be open for lunch (11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.), and dinner (5:30 to 10 p.m.).
For more information or reservations, please call +81-3-3423-8000.
About The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
Located in the heart of Tokyo Midtown, in the city’s tallest building, The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo sits at the core of Roppongi, the capital’s entertainment, diplomatic and design-related business hub. Occupying the top nine floors of the 53-story building, The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo offers 360-degree panoramic vistas of Tokyo including Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji. Featuring 248 guest rooms, including 36 suites and Ritz-Carlton Club Level Rooms, the hotel delivers a guest experience like no other and accommodations that offer Frette linens and featherbeds, deep-soaking tubs, rain showers, two Sony BRAVIA televisions, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, dual-line telephones with voicemail, CD and DVD player and complimentary water at turndown. For pure luxury outside of its guest rooms, the hotel’s Spa and Fitness by ESPA offers guests the ultimate in pampering, while its four Japanese restaurants which includes Hinokizaka, a Michelin star-rated Japanese restaurant, and Forty Five, offering modern French cuisine – provide pure satisfaction for the palate. The hotel also offers state-of-the-art event facilities, including a dedicated Wedding Chapel. The Ritz-Carlton is located Tokyo Midtown 9-7-1, Akasaka, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 107-6245 Japan. For more information, or for reservations, please call +81-3-3423-8000, or visit www.ritzcarlton.com/tokyo.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 73 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe with future openings including Dubai International Financial Centre, United Arab Emirates; Toronto; and Hong Kong. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company web site at www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR)
You should follow me on Twitter.