There was a popular weekly TV show that introduces useful household tips and tricks, titled “Ito-ke no shokutaku,” which translates in English “The Ito Family’s Dining Table.”
Although the show was canceled in 2007 after ten years of broadcasting, the tips are still shared among internet users.
Here are some useful tricks from “Ito-ke no shokutaku” for you!
(They are all tested in the show but if you try them, please do so at your own risk.)
– How to Clean Permanent Marker Stain on Hand
1. Smear lipstick near the permanent marker stain.
2. Blend the lipstick and the stain well.
3. Wipe with tissue.
The emulsifier in lipstick separates the ink in the permanent marker.
– Bring a Shrunk Wool Sweater Back to Original Size
1. Mix some hair treatment into water.
2. Soak the shrunk sweater in the water for 30 minutes.
3. Spin-dry it for 1 minute and dry.
– How to Revive a Permanent Marker
1. Pour nail polish remover into the cap of the dried permanent marker.
2. Put the cap on the pen and let it soak the polish remover for 10 minutes.
In many cases when permanent markers don’t write, it is just the solvent is evaporated. Nail polish remover dissolves the ink and enables the pen to write again. You can use aluminum foil instead of a cap.
This is JAPAN Style!